Thursday, May 14, 2015

Social Life

6)

Dobry den!

If you have been keeping up with my blogs and are friends with me on Facebook, I’m sure you have noticed I am enjoying my time in the Czech Republic and every other country I go to. My social life here is amazing and it’s because of my classmates, the awesome individuals I have met, and the numerous events that are held every week! There is no way one could just stay at home every day with so much to do here all the time!

The social events I attend range from hanging out at pubs, attending small concerts and carnivals, the Erasmus parties, and traveling. My favorite events are ones that take place at 15 Minut and Belmondo. These locations host Erasmus parties that are nation-themed nights. Students who are international are part of the Erasmus program. Each week they have nights where they celebrate one or multiple countries. Our faces get painted with the country’s flag; we interact, and dance the night away. It is such a fun time and is an experience I will remember forever.




Around the town of Olomouc, I have also attended small carnivals like Flora Olomouc, May Day, and the witch burning. Flora Olomouc was filled with beautiful flowers around the park and stands packed with souvenirs and lots of food! The May Day celebration also had souvenir and food stands with a concert sung in Czech. The witch burning was another event that many students attended. There was a burning of a witch where several people were dressed up as witches, they had a huge fire going with logs all around it reminding me of bonfires we have back in the U.S. There was also food and live music happening while my classmates and I had a good time hanging out with each other and conversing with the locals.



I have met people from several different countries and am happy that I have gained friends that speak so many different languages and are part of a different culture. It is so fun to interact with everyone and is one of my favorite things about studying abroad. I may say that a lot of things are my favorite because there are so many great things I am experiencing on my journey abroad! There is no way one wouldn’t have a social life here! Olomouc and Europe in general have so much to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment