Friday, May 29, 2015

My Overall Experience

Dobry Den!

Thank you for waiting patiently for my last blog post! This has been such a great adventure and I’m glad I could share stories about my experiences here. Europe has treated me so well. It is definitely not easy to say good-bye. The end of my study abroad trip is here and it is bittersweet.

I remember the day I flew to Europe. I felt antsy but I did not want to show my family how nervous I was because I wanted them to believe and have confidence in me to go across the ocean by myself. I did not book my flight with any of my classmates, as I did not know any of them so I had to fly alone. This was such a learning experience. I couldn’t rely on anyone but myself to get through the airports and finally arrive in Prague. I did feel nervous getting on my first plane. All I knew is that I wanted to get to my destination safe and sound. I had a long layover in Detroit and somehow managed to entertain myself during several hours. After that I landed in Amsterdam with a short layover. The airport was much different there than the ones in the United States but I heard others ask the staff questions and asked some myself. When I finally reached Prague it was such a good feeling to see a few of my classmates waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. I didn’t know anyone. I came to a country not knowing anyone, not being familiar with any of its cities, and not knowing the language. This made me nervous yet also gave me such a thrill inside. I always wanted to travel the world and this was my first step toward doing so. I can now say I have been to the Czech Republic, Germany, England, Austria, Italy, Poland, Hungary, and Greece in Europe.

During this whole experience I have learned lots about myself and grown as a person. It was so fun getting to know my classmates, the Erasmus students, professors, locals, and other travellers. We travel to so many different places in a short two and a half months and it is the most fun I have ever had. I have laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt, my eyes have watered, and I have fallen to the ground. My study abroad group has given me so many memories and it has been so fun learning from their different point of views. It’s crazy how close and comfortable you can become with strangers in a short amount of time. We were all away from home and helped each other cope with that.

I have seen amazing scenery, different kinds of people, heard so many languages, tried all kinds of foods, walked several miles and spent lots of time on trams, buses, trains, taxis, and airplanes. There is so much I have done here that I would have never done in the United States. Now that I have traveled in Europe I am so anxious to travel within the United States. This world has so much to offer and we just have to go out there to see it all! There were times I felt uneasy, upset, but that doesn’t outnumber the times I have felt complete happiness. I don’t regret this trip at all and have had the best time of my life!

Some of my favorite things from Europe include (I know I will forget some (a lot)):
-Kebabs
-Ferries
-Climbing towers, hills, or other places to see the beautiful view of a city
-Erasmus parties
-Trams
-Double decker buses
-Gondola ride
-VENICE VENICE VENICE
-Beaches
-Bridges
-Gardens
-Santorini, Greece and their white buildings with blue rooftops!

-Most important of all GELATO!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment