Monday, April 20, 2015

Field Trip: Vienna & Venice

7)

One of my favorite parts of my study abroad adventure is the fieldtrips we get to take in the program. It gives me insight on the culture and happenings of places around the world. Hands-on learning and sightseeing is a fantastic way for me to learn. Our most recent trip was to Vienna, Austria and Venice, Italy.

First of all, I enjoy the train/bus rides to our destinations. I am able to bond and hang out with my professors and classmates while we make our way to different places. We have fun, laugh, tell stories and take pictures of each other sleeping. It’s a great time to catch up on sleep but also check out the sights on the way.

In Vienna, we were able to attend a “horse show” and check out the museum of natural history. The horse show involved us standing around an arena watching different trainers ride around on the horses. Unfortunately no tricks were involved, as it was only training for the horses. Most of the horses were a beautifully white like the ones I used to dream about owning as a little girl. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. The museum of natural history had so much to look at. I really enjoyed going to this museum. They had rocks from everywhere that were so beautiful. They ranged from big to small, from granite to rubies, and found in a variety of places around the world. I have never been one to collect rocks but couldn’t help but admire all the pieces they had collected at this museum. There were also fossils, statues, and pictures of all kinds of animals. It actually felt like a zoo without any real animals. It was a great experience!




After Vienna, we made our way to Venice. During this time, we were able to check out the amazing mountains you may know as the Alps! Once we got to Venice, we were able to go see Saint Mark’s Square where the Basilica of St. Mark is located and also the Doge’s Palace. I have to say that Venice has been one of my favorite cities we have visited so far. The gondolas, locals, souvenir shops, water, bridges and food were an overall great experience.


I enjoy going on these field trips because we are gain knowledge about important monuments and museums of history but also have free time to explore and see what each city has to offer. I can’t wait for the field trips we will soon be going on.


1 comment:

  1. enjoy every moment of it aaaand soak up as much as you can! xoxox

    ReplyDelete