Thursday, April 2, 2015

Daily Life

1)

           Dobry den! I have been in the Czech Republic for a little over two weeks now and have been enjoying how differently I am living my life on the daily. I’ve been told people want more details from me so here we go! I wake up at about 11 or noon. Yes, I said NOON. You may think that I am crazy for sleeping in until this time instead of going to explore the lovely city I am now residing in. The great part is that I still have plenty of time to go out and see what this place has to offer! Our classes start at 3 p.m. and run until 7 p.m. and I am extremely grateful for that. Sleeping in is the best and I love my sleep!

 My dorm room :)

            For the past few days, it has been raining/snowing here. Right when we step outside, it is chilly and I like to power walk all the way to where we wait for the tram to come. Some days I only have to wait a couple minutes and some days I have to wait awhile for it to arrive. I’m always curious to see whom I’ll end up seeing. I see people of all ages using the trams. The tram stop I go to most often has a cute little café right by it that has free Wi-Fi! The struggle for Wi-Fi has been real. Everywhere I go I check my phone to see if I have Wi-Fi. Yes, I am a typical American that likes to have her phone handy and checking social media often.
There is also a crepe stand by my main tram stop. There are always cute little ladies that are always so kind and eager to make anyone a delicious nutella-filled crepe. Some days it is so hard to avoid buying one since my mouth waters every time I see the crepe stand. I like to go into little shops and do A LOT of walking. I’ve never walked so much back in the states. I walk to cafes, class, the post office, and restaurants. After that I am able to walk to the history building where we have all of our classes. We have a history lectures and also a Czech language class but I’ll be getting more into my academics on another post!
            After class, I usually go to dinner with my classmates or come eat some microwaveable foods with my roommate since we both sadly don’t know how to cook. One of our friendly and awesome suitemates has cooked some delicious Mexican food for us. For me, it was great since I had what felt like a home cooked meal. I am also excited to try other foods such as a dish from Ireland that another suitemate will be cooking for my roommate and I in the future. Kara is my roommate who I share lots with. We do most things together and are getting to know each other very well. She is so eager to travel and enjoy our stay here, which is such great energy to be around!

     
My classmates & Professor in the square

     Kara- my lovely roommate


      Another great part of my daily life is the traveling. We have made it to Prague, Dresden, Germany and will be going to London this weekend! Once we’re back from London we’ll have a day to get all ready for a trip to Vienna, Austria and Spring break in Italy! That’s a little glance into my daily life here so far. I’m eager to see what changes and am open to answering any questions anyone may have! Remember to keep a look out for my blog, as I will be writing about my field trips and other parts of my European adventure in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment