Saturday, March 21, 2015

Personal Excursions

10)

I have been pretty excited to write my first blog since arriving to the Czech Republic. It has been quite a transition coming to a place where I have never been, don't know anyone closely, and do not speak the native language. On Sunday night I was able to settle into my dorm and meet the people I would be sharing a room with. I am able to live with people from Mexico, Poland, and Ireland. They are all studying abroad here in Olomouc as well. It's interesting for me to think that I would have never guessed I would be doing this now. The living and my form of transportation is also different. Instead of being able to drive my car, I simply take the tram to any destination I am looking for. Even though it is quite a change from everything in America, I have been eager to explore what is my new home for a couple of months. 

My first personal excursion was with my newfound friend and roommate Kara. Before our first day of classes on Thursday, we decided to wander through the city of Olomouc. We were able to easily find a beautiful park close to the dorms we are staying in. Here you could find people relaxing while sitting on the benches, taking their dogs for a walk, or going for a nice, refreshing jog. The park was somewhere that we found beautiful scenery and tranquility. It was so peaceful and so nice to take a small stroll through. I wanted to share a picture of one of the views from the park. It's a small glimpse of the beautiful scenery we were able to see. 



Here is another picture of me feeling happy and grateful that I am in a new country that is quite amazing. I am eager to find new spots that I will enjoy and keep in my memories forever. Remember to stay tuned as I will be sharing lots from my new experiences and adventures for the next couple of months.




No comments:

Post a Comment